Sunday, November 24, 2019

A Time to be Thankful

With Thanksgiving just a few days away, it is an appropriate time to pause and reflect on everything we have to be thankful for. 

In addition to my family and my health, many of my thoughts are about all of the great things happening throughout our division.  As I’ve visited schools, I’ve seen caring, dedicated people whose actions, both big and small, are making a significant impact on the lives of our students.  I have met parents who entrust us to educate their children and prepare them to be successful citizens once they leave our doors.  I have listened to members of the community who know the importance of high-performing schools to the health of our county. I have interacted with students and heard about their hopes and dreams, and the high expectations they have for themselves and want us to have for them. For Thanksgiving, I am giving thanks for supportive staff, students, parents and citizens and their vision for Isle of Wight County Schools.  With these pieces in place, we are in a position to do incredible things to help every child discover their unique gifts and talents.

Over the break, I hope you will take time to think about everything you have to be thankful for and remember those who are less fortunate.  Finally, I wish you a wonderful holiday as you spend time with family and friends.