Friday, May 6, 2016

In Appreciation of Our Teachers


Teacher Appreciation Week is drawing to a close and I certainly hope it’s been a great week for all the teachers throughout IWCS. I truly appreciate the commitment you show each and every day as you provide a quality education to our students. I’m sure we can all think back to our time in school and the teachers that had a tremendous impact on our life.  In most cases, they hold a special place in our heart because of how they made us feel. Safe, confident, intelligent, and happy are just a few adjectives that come to mind when I think back on my favorite teachers.  Right now, every teacher is, or will be, some child’s favorite teacher, and in many cases the students don’t even know it yet.  They will look back on their time in certain classes and realize just how much their teachers helped to shape their lives.
 
While it may take the students some time to appreciate what our teachers are doing for them, I am thankful now for several things and I would like to take just a moment to share with our teachers my thoughts:

Dear Teachers,

I AM THANKFUL FOR:  the excellent year that we are having; the high quality of education which you provide; all the dedicated and professional teachers working our schools.

I AM THANKFUL FOR:  having the chance to work with you this year; your cooperation; all the extra effort you have put into making Isle of Wight County Schools such an incredible place to be.

I AM THANKFUL FOR:  being made to feel so welcome during my first year; knowing that you are there and that our students can always depend on you.

Finally, I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU, the teachers, and I offer my deepest gratitude and respect.

I have a video dedicated to all of our teachers.  It highlights many of our classroom super-heroes from all of our schools.  As you watch, you will see teachers in many of their roles, and you’ll even see a few in costume.  They really will do anything for their students.  

Lastly, I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend, and I wish all the Moms a very Happy Mother’s Day. 

Video:  Thank You Teachers